Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Engagement Luncheon

On a beautiful hot and sunny 20th of April, 2007 Nahid and I, together with a group of our close friends went out to Cesarea Golf Club Restaurant (roughly 30 minutes from Haifa) to celebrate our long awaited engagement. My brother Bayan was also in town for a three day visit, so it was great to be with family and friends on our special day.

What was the climax of the day and what everyone was waiting for was how I was going to pull the ring out and put it on Nahid's finger. After having a wonderful meal and just before the dessert came out, I began to give a speech.

I thanked everyone for coming and sharing this momentous occasion with us, and let everyone know how much I loved Nahid, etc, etc... I then in front of the whole restaurant asked Nahid to stand... (at this point she became a little confused)... and I got down on my knee and popped open the ring... (as this was happening she frantically was trying to lift me up... it was really funny). The whole restaurant roared with applause!! It was definitely great times! :)

Mi amorcito bella... Te amo muchisimo!!

You can view more pictures by clicking on the link to your right, "Our Photos".